We are an open smart city platform that connects citizens, city managers, companies and social and local organizations to enable a more efficient management of public services. Through smartphones and NFC technology we interconnect city elements with users, citizens and workers.
Nearly everything every town council is enacting in an effort to become a smarter, more technologically savvy city, involves APIs and platforms working from behind the scenes. But future smart cities aren’t just about being the most high-tech or the cleverest. They are all about building better social interactions and better public spaces, and technology has to be an instrument for the people and the cities to achieve that.
The purpose of our tools is to connect citizens, companies, non-profit organizations and local authorities to promote a collaborative working model that drives a more efficient management of public services in more open, equitable, democratic and circular cities.
Our’s mission is to create, develop and maintain affordable digital tools (whether it’s a platform, an app or a web app) that allow for agile and dynamic collaboration between citizens, governments, businesses and local organizations and that promote the implementation of new participatory and socially inclusive working models in the cities.
We change the way citizens and organizations interact with their cities to involve them more and make them more aware of their contribution to improve their city and their environment.
Our clients are cities and municipalities from all over the country that want to connect more efficiently with their urban tissue and optimize their public services in a collaborative and inclusive manner.
You will be part a team of four that develops, implement and maintain collaborative web, mobile and cloud-based applications.
- You will develop and maintain our current platform and design and execute new product development plans based on market and customer needs. You will keep your ear to the ground to incorporate industry best practices to our tool and develop innovative products.
- Establish language and architecture for future products. Management of development environments. Documenting and communicating changes in databases and operating patterns.
What are we looking for?
- An entrepreneurial mindset: Able to demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, passion and curiosity.
- A doer: You have a proven track record of getting things done. You respond decisively to challenges.
- Ambition and resilience: Our company is small but we are growing and changing fast. You want to grow with us, keep a positive mental attitude and learn and try new things along the way.
- A relationship builder: You initiate and manage working relationships with people that are based on trust and openness. You are confident in challenging and being challenged in a constructive manner.
- A leader: You can coach, mentor and motivate others and can clearly communicate your passion and vision to your team. You can delegate and give clear directions.
- Someone that is fun and easy to work with. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
These things are required:
- Excellent technical skills:
- PHP Backend development.
- APIs management and Web Services
- Project management with GIT
- Amazon Web Services / Google Compute Engine configuration and maintenance
- Linux (Ubuntu server)
- Intermediate technical skills:
- HTML + CSS3
- Project management with Bower & Grunt
- Agile Development
- High attention to detail and heavy front-end expertise
- Overseeing the development of iOS and Android apps
- Good communication skills
- Experience leading & coordinating teams
- Spanish: fluent (speaking, reading, writing)
- English: fluent (speaking, reading, writing)
Good to have:
- Recruiting experience, able to attract and hire talented developers
- You have trained and mentored junior developers before
- You have experience growing teams and developing the strategy for a business unit
- You have worked at a startup before